|T H E N I H C A T A L Y S T||J U L Y - A U G U S T 1 9 9 8|
|National Institute of the Wacky Fun-page Grab-bag Last-But-Not Least a Not-Exactly-Not a Dent Cartoon Thinga-maiammy (copyright geekstuff incorp.)|
|Top 10 Icky
10) Computer keyboard layered with finger grime and food bits
9) Strange media spills in the tissue culture hood
8) Lyophilizer condensate
7) Old dusty things stored behind radioactive waste
6) the inside of a heavily used but never cleaned microfuge
5) The thick coating of dust on old chemical bottles
4) Lab Microwave
3) Common lunch room microwave (particularly after heating fish)
2) common lunch room floor
1) Burn Box that hasn't been changed for three months
|Lamest Cheer for
Boosting Lab Spirit
"Give me an L, give me an A, give me a B, what's that spell?, LAB, LAB, YAY!, LAB!"
3 Cartoon Ideas that Never Got off the Ground
3) So, you want to be a P.I.?
2) Cancer Commandoes
1) Study of Science-
This is my pipetman, this is my gun, one is for manipulating DNA, the other's for fun.
|Choosing the Ideal Post-doctoral Fellowship: Choose your project, your lab mates, your PI, and your lab environment! (Unfortunately, you only get one top choise, and you have to pick at least one number four choise. Example: Project #1, Lab-mates #2, P.I. #3, &Lab Env.#4|
Clothes and Advancement in Science
1) Graduate student: old sneakers, shorts and old T-shirt;
2) Post-doc: tennis shoes, jeans and new T-shirt;
3) Ass. Prof. loafers, slacks and polo shirt;
4) Tenured Prof: dress shoes, dress shirt and dress pants;
5) Senior Prof: dress shoes, dress shirt with bow tie, dress pants, blazer
For M.D.- post-doc wears level three clothes, Asst. prof wears level four clothes, etc.(up to full suit)
For Californian- Post-doc wears level one clothes, Asst. prof wears level two, etc.
Return to Table of Contents